Re: Antique Cars

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Antique Cars
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 11:54:19 EST
In a message dated 03/08/2001 4:01:23 AM Pacific Standard Time, kturk@ala.net
writes:

<< I know several of you are into Antique cars.... I think Ardun Doug is
 another that has some neat OLD iron....

    Yeah,
    I was heavy into the pre-1915 stuff in between bouts with hot rods. Right
now my really old stuff consists of a 1914 Ford "T" Roadster that my wife and
I drove on our honeymoon (the 1965 Eureka, CA National HCCA Tour), and a
full-fendered 1914 Ford "T" Rootleib body Speedster with a "BB" Rajo OHV
conversion running through an early Ford V8 tranny.
    I also have the 27 T Roadster with the Ardun that we ran LSR in 88, a 28
Ford Sedan Delivery with a Cragar OHV converted 1934 Ford "C" engine, a
mostly steel stock height 34 Ford 3-Window powered by a 401 Nailhead Buick, a
40 Ford Pickup with a 276ci Flatty, a Nailhead powered 53 Stude "pillar"
coupe, a stock 60 Stude Hawk with the original 289, the 65 Mustang that my
wife bought new, and the makin's of a 46 Ford COE that's being made into a
pickup with a Nailhead Buick mounted in the bed right behind the cab.
    This assortment along with various motorcycles and "popper" engines makes
up the 151 cylinders we had a count going for here on the list a few months
ago.
                                    Ardun Doug King