Re: Motorcycle Helmet Aerodynamics?

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Motorcycle Helmet Aerodynamics?
From: "Dale Krumheuer" <Dale@prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 16:19:46 -0500
Hello Henry, regarding vents on helmets, I use a Shoei, it has a vent at the
chin area and a vent above the visor. Looking at my helmet, I don't believe
the chin vent will hit any wind at speed, my chin is nearly on the tank. The
visor vent is streamlined pretty well. If anything, the visor vent may
introduce enough turbulence to trip the air going over the top, helping to
fill the turbulent area behind the helmet. Keith? your area...
Here's what does make a difference on vented  vs non vented helmets;
fogging. Vented helmets seem to have more control over the fogging of the
lens, with or without the fog-x type treatments.

and when you have a minute whutta ya riding Henry?