Modified Sports-------Modified wheelbase

To: kturk@ala.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Modified Sports-------Modified wheelbase
From: Want1937hd@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 09:05:22 EST
I'm still in the early planning stages of a LSR car, and have a wheelbase
question. The rules say you can modify the wheelbase up to 130 inches, I
understand that this makes things more stable, at what point do you deside
what is right? For example, a 1932 Ford roadster has been going well over
200MPH for years now. If you stretched the chass is to 130 WB would it go any
faster? I'd like to hear from those that have been there and done that. I'll
admit that aesthetics is the main reason for asking this question. Bob in
snow covered Connecticut