Re: Emergency's

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Emergency's
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 08:37:03 -0600
Skip it really is a good subject and one of my Favorite.... we have beat it
up a couple of times... but there are new folks on the list that really
should hear these things over and over again....

Dave talked about John Goodman loosing a Wheel down in Australia and it got
me to thinking about how I would handle that situation... and what the car
would feel like if a tire went down.... simple problems at hwy speeds but
another issue entirely above Two Bills....

Kinda like what do you do in the event of a SPIN?  curiosity what are the
thoughts out there on Clutching the car and putting it in Neutral?
Parachutes?   I know we have covered this.... but again a little refresher
never hurts....

Keith

----------
> From: Skip & Joyce Higginbotham <saltrat@pro-blend.com>
> To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>; land-speed@autox.team.net
> Subject: Emergency's
> Date: Monday, March 19, 2001 8:28 AM
>
> Hey Keith,
> Your "LESSON" is just about the most valuable planning that one can do
with
> the cockpit. It will, no kiddin', save your life. Hey everybody.....do
it!!!!!!
> Excellent subject Keith!
> Skip (who doesn't disagree with everything!)
>

> >Lesson..... Sit in your car.... think about a Fire... what are you going
> >do... put your hands on the fire handles and fuel shut off.... then the
> >Parachute after the fire is calmed....( pulling it in a roaring fire
didin't
> >make much sense to me )    same goes for how you want to shut down the
motor
> >in the event of a simple failure....  THINK it out now.... sit there and
> >look stupid it's okay.....( I recommend closing the garage door so the
> >locals don't think your Loco...)   All of this simple self training will
be
> >well worth your time should an event like this actually occur as when
your
> >mind goes into it's search mode during a actual failure and it will come
up
> >with what you trained it to do.... ( don't have an answer to the
situation
> >at hand and you get your life played back and you Freeze.... Hmmm that
don't
> >sound like a better answer )
> >
> >See why I was quite on the issue...... Kinda like Rick's Gasket deal...
the