Re: Emergency's

To: JERRY FOSTER <fosterap@flash.net>
Subject: Re: Emergency's
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 10:03:13 -0800
Jerry,
I have had the pleasure of a few spins. The thing that I noticed was
that there isn't a lot of thinking going on. If it isn't automatic it
probably won't happen. Hopefully, we won't have the experience often
enough to give opportunity to create the correct driving habits. I do
think that you learn from each experience, however.

I have been taught to keep the throttle down, it definitely could help,
but the best advice I have is to avoid getting into that situation in
the first place. It is usually our dogged determination to finish a run
regardless of...you fill the blank, that gets us in trouble. Better to
lift and make another run. I have found that when you lift you will
generally regain control anyway. By lifting, I mean to reduce the
throttle a bit, don't come completely off the throttle, or you may
create a new problem.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/GCC