Re: Fire bottle certification

To: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Subject: Re: Fire bottle certification
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 09:19:07 -0800
Doug,
You don't say whose system this is, but, I am a few hundred miles from
my system supplier and have been allowed to have them weighed by a fire
extinguisher service organization and tagged. Of course, you need to
know what the correct weight is. Originally, the weight of the empty
bottle and bottle with content will be affixed to the bottle. Jim Deist
says, "testing of the lines that deliver the product is the most
important." If you get a leak in the bottle, it will likely empty itself
anyway. Short of shipping the bottles back to the supplier for
certification, I know of no other way to meet the requirements. As for
testing of the bottle, I know of no standards, I suspect though that
there are some. Any pressure vessel has a service life expectancy.
Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/GCC