Re: Fuel FIlters

To: "Joe Amo" <jkamo@rapidnet.com>, "Dick J" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel FIlters
From: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 08:23:32 -0500
Way back when I first started running LSR I had a filter two small for the
fuel needs of the Hilborn pump. Trust me, when the filter is inadequate or
if restricted with goop it will run lean and it cuts HP dramatically.

On the other hand I would never run without a filter. I now have two biggies
on my car. One in front of the very expensive electric fuel pump and one
after the pump to protect the injectors and jets. They ain't cheep, but they
work great. And compared to the cost of a ruined engine or lost records etc.
its good insurance.

John Beckett, LSR Comp Coupe #79