Re: Fuel FIlters

To: "Joe Amo" <jkamo@rapidnet.com>, "Dick J" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel FIlters
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 04:52:41 -0600
I can't imagine not running that Pretty new Filter your wife gave you
Dick....Like Chuck I have used two filters.... Currently we are running a
couple of LARGE BG filters on the tank side only but our fuel is in constant
circulation in both the Carb system and the Nitrous system.... thereby
giving us Cool ( non engine heated ) Fuel at any point in the course.  The
filters are Before the pumps to protect the pumps as well as the carb....

I have in fact run out of fuel on the top end of the course at Maxton Dick
with a very similiar engine.... the first time we ran the car I didn't have
enough Fuel pump and a filter that was Too restrictive.... caused it to lean
out and burn a couple of pistons.... So much for standard High Performance
mechanical pumps and stock type filters on 300hp ....

Last but not least I think Ed can talk a bit about what happens when the
foam goes bad....

Keith