Re: Wheel openings

To: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>,
Subject: Re: Wheel openings
From: "Dan" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 08:28:31 -0700
John, list,

Although I could find no mention of  the dimensions or limits for radius
cutting of wheel wells in the 2001 rulebook I would go with Mike LeFevers'
opinion and cut them for tire clearance only. You could make them round for
the tire or in the case of the stock wheel well opening not being round, cut
the fender to match the stock appearance.

The criteria in the past for wheel wells has been to cut them for tire
clearance only. Back then we used 30" - 32" tall tires the fenders were cut
round with no regard as to the original shape of the opening.

Hope this helps,

Dan W