Re: Ultimate Maxton car

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ultimate Maxton car
From: Chuck Rothfuss <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 23:17:55 -0400
Dick, List,

   If you want something of standard automotive size you're barking up the
wrong tree with the military hardware, at least from wheeled vehicles.  We
had plenty of Marines who could destroy stuff with 100 HP.  Last tough piece
of gear we had was the M151 'Jeep', but that was before corporate bail-outs,
automatic transmissions, power steering, and big fat HMMWV's.

Chuck Rothfuss
Motor Transport Maintenance Officer, USMC (Retired)