#786 c/galt camaro

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: #786 c/galt camaro
From: chad labno <clab@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 12:40:39 -0700
hello list,
I set some goals, made a plan and i'm getting serious about
building my c/galt z-28. Currently the car is 85% primer-sealer,
gutted interior, no glass and as of last night the engine is
unbolted and ready to pull, which is scheduled for tonight.
This weekend will be spent degreasing and sand blasting. i have
some rust in the floor boards and firewall to repair. next will
be the solid sub-frame mounts, the sub-frame connectors and the
cage. the engine i'm pulling tonight is a warmed over 350, 280
degree comp cam, headers, mildly ported heads and a 3310 on a
dual plane high rise. for now i'm going do a rebuild with maybe
a little more compression, cam and a single plane manifold using
the existing accel hei distributor adding a msd box to get
rev-limiting. it has a hays steel wheel and clutch which, depending
on condition, (use to tow a boat) i'll keep along with the lakewood.
I'm not sure what to do with the 10 bolt but that, along with many
other will be asked as the project progresses. if all goes as planned,
i'll see you in september.
chad (singing "i'll see YOOOU - in sep-TEM-ber ...")