Question on turbochargers

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Question on turbochargers
From: "Pope, Jeff" <Jeff.Pope@HSV.Boeing.com>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 13:12:41 -0500
Hello,

I really enjoyed attending Maxton last week as a spectator. I have an
on-going project that hopefully the combined knowledge of this group can
point me in the proper direction. Here goes...........

I am looking to upgrade my present turbocharger setup. 1967 camaro, 350 cid,
twin garrett/airesearch T04's. 18 psi max  approx 550 hp. Presently a blow
through carb (hey check out the 1982 date). Soon to be efi.

Last time (early in the 80's, 1982 I think) I bought them from AK Miller. He
knew exactly what I needed, and they have worked great for that application.

Being older now and wanting to be somewhat more educated on the subject I
was wondering if anyone could enlighten me as to what stock applications or
manufacturers part numbers to look for. In other words, I know I can call up
the aftermarket manufacturers and plop down the money and get them. But
where do they get them, surely the compressors suited for a given
application exist somewhere on a large diesel that can be found out of
service.

I have done the calculations for the air flow and pressure ratio, compared
this to the flowmaps that I can find in aftermarket catalogs. Now where do I
find these compressors other than this aftermarket company?

Anyone else been down this road?

Jeff