SAFTEY

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: SAFTEY
From: "Jonathan Amo" <webmaster@landracing.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 19:07:52 -0600
List,

Once again dont forget about saftey this year, do not let your guard
down one bit. We have heard a few unfortunates already on the list, that
common sense and a little thought process could have avoided accidents.
I speak from expierance, last Friday I was welding an exhaust system
together and my wire feed got stuck, I removed my welding helmet and
jerked the welding handle towards me and I got a piece of hot welding
wire stuck the perimeter of my eye. I felt it hit and I immediatley
squinted my eye shut. It burned and took a layer of skin off of my lower
eye lid, my upper eye lid (from squinting as a natural reaction), the
crease of my eye by the base of the nose, my nose and  I lost my
contact.
So everybody while you are working in your shops think saftey first and
lets prevent these careless errors. I was very fortunante to not loose
my vision in my right eye so lets be carefull and see you all on the
salt during speedweek.

Jonathan Amo
www.landracing.com