Re: Ford OHV 6's

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ford OHV 6's
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 21:26:42 EDT
In a message dated 5/25/2001 6:01:39 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
acromac@worldnet.att.net writes:

> When I was drag racing in the late 50's / early 60's I think I
> remember reading about a Ford OHV 6 powered Bonneville car called the
> "punkin seed" possibly owned and/or sponsered by Ells Lohn of ELCO
> fame.Perhaps Ardun Doug could enlighten us on this.
> Bill in Mesa,Arizona where 110 degrees came early this year.

       The "Pumpkin Seed" that I'm aware of was owned by Mickey Thompson. Jim
Travis restored it and he and Don Ferguson Jr. entered it last year at Speed
Week, powered by an Ardun Flatty.
       There might have been another car of the same name years ago but I'm
not aware of it...........................Ardun Doug King