castor

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: castor
From: "The Butters Family" <bbutters@coldreams.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 22:04:49 -0700
    The way I always figured castor was that it gives you a dead spot in your
steering that is straight ahead. The more castor the harder it is to move the
steering wheel of center and the more evident to your hands where straight
ahead is.  So  whether you need lots or have a deft touch is personal. I can't
see  as how it helps handling a great deal, just makes it more evident where
straight ahead is. Atleast that would be the case in a straight line, what it
does besides that at Daytona I haven't a clue. Kvach