Re: castor

To: The Butters Family <bbutters@coldreams.com>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: castor
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 07:01:52 -0700 (PDT)
Remembering back to my biker days, that's exactly
what it does.  When I got back from Vietnam I
bought a chopper with a front end that musta been
twelve feet long had to have about 30 - 45
degrees of castor.  That thing was like it was on
rails out on the open road, and a natural bear in
town where there were turns.  In later years, as
my biking career got more sophisticated (??) and
I got into road racing moptorcycles, we actually
used gauges and adjustable axle mounts and
tripple trees to make minor changes in castor for
fast tracks like Daytona versus tight tracks like
Sebring.

That gets reinforced by all the answers I got
here on this list a year ago regarding LSR cars.
I tabulated all the answers and suggestions and
came up with around 8-10 degrees for an average
from the LSR community.

Dick J

--- The Butters Family <bbutters@coldreams.com>