Re: Break in Procedures

To: Tom Neimeyer <tjn56@swbell.net>
Subject: Re: Break in Procedures
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2001 09:12:57 -0400
Well i would of gotten oil pressure before it lit that's for sure. hate those
dry starts. If it runs and does not skip and you used modern components and
procedures it is broken it... i would change the oil and change the filters and
check the old filters to get any assembly trash out along with anything that
might be in the fuel lines though, real soon at that. Checking the valve springs
and lash is a good idea too after you heat cycle the engine a couple of times.

Dave Dahlgren
 ( who is not going to bite on the rod ratio quiz this week anyway, way too much
going on at work right now)