Re: Goodyear racing tires & tire slippage

To: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>,
Subject: Re: Goodyear racing tires & tire slippage
From: "Nafzger" <nafzger@vtc.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 18:08:20 -0700
John,
 Based on our experience at the local asphalt circle track, tire softeners
are not the answer. Most are carcinogenic and shorten the life of the tire.
Tires blister when they are too soft which allows them to build up too much
heat. If too much softener is used, you can actually rub the rubber away
with your thumb just like it was an artgum eraser. I don't think this is
what you want in a tire that is being asked to withstand high centrifugal
loads. You will definitely not find any of it around my car.
Howard