Not LSR...but racing all the same!

To: Land-speed List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Not LSR...but racing all the same!
From: Joe Timney <joetimney@dol.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 21:27:04 +0000
What a fun afternoon. Just got back from Cecil County Dragway in
Maryland, about 35 minutes from my house. Went there with one of my
customers, Dave Greytak who runs a Nitro Coupe on the Super Chevy
circuit. We went to test a new motor, a Allen Johnson Olds setup and a
taller first gear. On 30 Percent nitro, ran a few 6:50's at 211, 214 and
218. The track was a little greasy as it was 93 degrees but the new gear
stopped almost all the tire shake.

Man...it sure was good to smell nitro and NOT BE IN THE SHOP WORKING!!!
Every work day should be this FUN!!!

joe