uphill/downhill

To: "land speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: uphill/downhill
From: "Dan Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 05:20:36 -0700
It has seemed to me that most every car i have worked on went slower in the
morning return run than they qualified
Dave's statement is true to a large extent. This is why we say that in the
morning you are running uphill. In the old two way run days it was easier to
visualize. Still, in these days of the same way runs we see the early morning
runs being slower than the previous day.

For example, in 1998 we ran a 253 mile to qualify about 3 pm. The following
morning we ran a 249 mile to complete the record, we ran around 8:15 that
day.

Dan Warner