Re: valve seals

To: LGMCAFEE@aol.com
Subject: Re: valve seals
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 08:20:05 -0700
Larry Mac,
I have run that setup for years and have not had a problem. One of the
advantages attributed to the bronze guide is its retention of lubricant.
Many years ago, when I was running stock rocker arms, we did get
transfer of metal from the guide (cast iron) to the valve stem on the
intake valves, that is when we first switched to the bronze guide. I
would be surprised if anyone responds with a negative experience using
the setup you describe.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/GCC