TowTruck transmission

To: Ken Bond <kmb2@humboldt.edu>
Subject: TowTruck transmission
From: DOUG ODOM <popms@thegrid.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 18:24:08 -0700
        Ken, The other day I was at the local Chevy dealership. I ran into the
guy that owns a large local independent transmission shop. I asked him
"how is business?" He said " great as long as they keep making these
junk transmissions". He was there to take delivery on his brand new
corvette roadster with the $54,000 window sticker.
        I have been doing automatics since 1969 myself and I stopped doing the
new ones because the rule of thumb in the business is you have to charge
three times the labor to cover the come backs you are sure to get. I
could go into detail about why they are junk but that would take up
pages.
        The only trans GM makes that's worth a damn is the 4L80. Its not legal
to change yours over to that trans though, because the computer won't
run it right for the smog laws. I know guy that never tow over 55 MPH
and never in OD and still have lost the trans in less than 50K miles.
        Aint I just a breath of happy news? Doug Odom in big ditch