Re: converting from 6 to 12 volt

To: hunt@Kuentos.guam.net
Subject: Re: converting from 6 to 12 volt
From: "Scott Christensen" <saltrunner31@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 08:39:29 -0600
Terry, sounds like you've got most of the parts you need.The toughest part
of this swap is the instruments and radio. The best way i've found to
convert gauges is with reostat type voltage reducers, as stated. they should
work for the radio too, though i've never tried it..... should be able to
find them at your local NAPA store(do they have NAPA on Guam?). If your
ammeter has a loop type connector,(no terminals), it will read discharge if
you change polarity. I dont think it matters which way you run the wire
through it.....cant remember. You are very lucky to have held on to your car
this long...... I've been wantin a "wooden wagon" for a long time. Good
luck!
                               Scott in big sky