helpful hands, cont.

To: "land speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: helpful hands, cont.
From: "Dan Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 07:26:50 -0700
Keith's story(theory) about helping hands reminds me of a recent trip to
Bonneville with the Alfa.

All of us on the crew do extra work at the race meets, inspection, results,
radios, etc. It seems that Rich could not wait for help to fuel the car. He
and his wife took the car to the ERC trailer for gas. In case you don't know,
to fuel the car the nose piece has to be off as the fuel cell is in the front
of the chassis. We also had the cockpit cover off exposing the intercooler
tank. While at the gas truck Rich and Les got into a conversation, it seems
that Les' helper was putting the gas into the intercooler tank while no one
was paying attention. We got about seven gallons of gas before he was
stopped.

DW