Re: helpful hands, cont.

To: Dan Warner <dwarner@electrorent.com>,
Subject: Re: helpful hands, cont.
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 07:44:28 -0700 (PDT)
Amazing about those helpful hands.  This happened
to me many years ago, but it is a very vivid
memory!  I had just finished an Olds-powered '40
Ford coupe for drag racing (long before they knew
what brackets were). It was a great looking black
coupe with no hood and three deuces on top of an
early olds rocket.  We fired it up for the first
time on a Friday before the races, then went down
town to have a couple of cool ones and celebrate
at our favorite pub.  While we were gone, the two
young twin boys belonging to the good-looking
redhead divorcee next door decided to go over to
my yard and play race car.  For two mischevous
six year olds, that included shoveling sand all
over the motor, including into the waiting open
mouths of the trio of Strombergs.  When mama
caught them, she was very upset, and didn't want
to upset me, so she drug out her trusty
Electrolux and vacuumed every last grain of sand
off the top of my motor. Problem was, she missed
about a pound that was down in the carburetors.

Saturday morning,  we got to the strip, and fired
up the Olds to warm it up.  About half a minute
into the warmup, there was a loud screech, a
thump, a clunk, and a piston came out the side of
the block. I will never forget that sound and
it's end result. End of Olds-powered 40 Ford
coupe!

 Dick J
In East Texas
http://phonecard.yahoo.com/