Last Minute

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Last Minute
From: "Jonathan Amo" <webmaster@landracing.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 06:36:14 -0600
List,

The list is deafening. I was hoping to get alot of emails this weekend
about projects on the list, but its like list is derserted. Looks like
there are alot of last minute people on the list. Some are getting ready
to start out their trip next week. So make sure you prepare well and
safe. Doube and triple check your trailers. Everybody needs a safe
journey to the salt.
My project is just about done, receiving nitrous jets today, and waiting
on the body work. I got a local company to sponsor me with a paint job.
So I cant wait until I see it, hopefully it look great. I gave the shop
free reigns on what they would like to do, So I dont even have a clue as
to what it will look like.
I went over my gearing on the bike, looks like Im going to have to get
another sprocket for the rear.  Here are my numbers will the gearing I
have at said rpm.
12,000 - http://project180.landracing.com/images/gearing.jpg
13,000 - http://project180.landracing.com/images/gearing1.jpg
14,000 - http://project180.landracing.com/images/gearing2.jpg

This does not account for aero or tire growth, hp.
The record I was going after is at 168. I planned on doing 180 mph. I
would like to see these numbers I need come in around 12,000 rpm. So ill
be getting another rear sprocket to have. Does anybody have any thoughts
on these numbers that I do not account for.

Jonathan