RE: Good News

To: "'RAWAWA@aol.com'" <RAWAWA@aol.com>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Good News
From: "Clay, Dale" <Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 12:41:02 -0700
Is that the orange 914-6 GT?  If that's the car I'm thinking about, it won
the very first Can-Am race held.  "Luke" is special.

Lime Rock is a beautiful track, never ran there but did walk the track once.

Dale C.

Subject: Good News

I just got back from a day trip to Lime Rock Park,a road racing facility in
Connecticut and thought i'd share an encouraging experience with you all. I
was there for the "Porsche Re-union",which featured a terrific gathering of
both cars and drivers,some 30 year old cars and famous Porsche drivers of
the
past. Long story short,Paul Newman,at like 70 years old, IS cool hand Luke !

He drove a Brumos prepared 914 and would have won in a nice pass on the last

lap but for a 911 that spun out in front of him,which he promptly t-boned at

about 70 mph. He got out,checked on the other driver,then his car,then got a

ride back to the pits,apparently no worse for wear. If this guy can can
compete at his age on a circuit with other drivers,we sure can go in a
straight line by ourselves for  a long while,right ?...Bob ,forever young
?,Wanner

entities other than the intended recipient or employees of
MD Helicopters, Inc. is prohibited.   If you received this in error, please
contact the sender by email and delete the material from any computer..