Re: Coupe not going...

To: SPLHAUGINC@aol.com, saltsix@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Coupe not going...
From: "Doug Anderson" <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 01:46:51 +0000
From: SPLHAUGINC@aol.com
To: boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com
Subject: Coupe not going...
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 10:21:16 EDT

White Eye,

For the first time in 12 years, Ray's XO/VGC '41 Chev coupe is not going to
Bonneville. The oil rings were damaged on installation on one piston
Saturday
and replacements are a week away at best. At noon yesterday and after
several
phone calls all over the country, he pulled the pin. Even with overnight
express it would have put the short block only finished by late today.
Assuming everything else went per plan, the car could not even be fired
until
Wednesday....maybe. With everything but the cast iron parts being new, it is
unlikely that it would have gone per plan. Rather that do the on the salt
goat rope, defense of the record will be put off until World of Speed or
World Finals. It is very disappointing but it is for the best.

The coupe ain't going but we are. If it won't get me beat up I'm gonna tell
everyone that I'm a pal of Boggiewoogie.

Ess Too

OK  GO DO DAT.

   GO SEE THE LSR LIST GUYS AND INTRODUCE YOURSELVES.

DON'T FORGET TO TELL JOAQUIN I'M REAL SORRY I COULDN'T ATTEND THE BURRITO
FEED  :-(

   GONNA TRY LIKE HELL FOR NEXT YEAR!!! WANT TO DO A REPEAT OF 1998 ALL
ACROSS AMERICA IN B.W.!

HAVE A BALL FOR ME!
        SORRY ABOUT THE RED COUPE....:-(  BUT YOURE RIGHT ABOUT WAITING.

GOD BLESS , STAY SAFE  -DOUG  8-8