Re: got back and finally up and running

To: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Subject: Re: got back and finally up and running
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 06:41:21 -0700
Dave,
Sorry you have to face the lightening damage. I don't know how you
protect against that kind of voltage. Battery packs might be the answer.
I had a  a voltage surge caused by tree trimmers next door which took
out one TV and the microwave oven, but the other TV was OK (better surge
protector)  At work everything is on Battery Packs. Have never had a
problem there, but no experience with lightening.

The Salt is a humbling place, forty plus years for me and I learn
something every year. Theory is one thing, but real answers come  when
the rubber meets the salt! A couple of years ago when we were discussing
Nitrous, I said it is risky, but when you get it right, it is a great ride.
Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/GCC