Thanks

To: "Land Speed List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thanks
From: "landspeedracer" <landspeedracer@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 10:12:58 -0400
My turn to thank everybody at the SCTA/BNI for all the hard work they put
into this years Speed Week. Looks like a record number of entries and
perhaps a records number of records set as well. Compared to the deal we put
on at Maxton this event is huge. Its absolutely amazing how well thing come
off. The volunteers are fantastic and we appreciate each and every one of
them.

Also want to recognize the ECTA members who came out several days early, on
their 5,000 mile journey, to help the SCTA people set up for Speed Week.
Putting out cones, painting lines, doing tech inspections, etc. Cooperation
and support amongst the associations has really helped make our sport grow
and prosper. I think next year we will see at least another half dozen
cars/scooters from east of the Mississippi.

I know this doesn't effect all of you, but I would also like to thank the
Bonneville 200 MPH club. This years Banquet was superb along with an
outstanding menu. I suspect that Kathy Olsen deserves much of the credit for
keeping things running smoothly. I also want to congratulate List members
like Joe Amo, who was persistent and after TEN years finally achieved his
goal, and Terry Hunt (hope I didn't forget a list member). I'm not the most
outgoing person, but I really enjoy that evening and getting to see all the
club members on an annual basis.

Thanks again one and all.

John Beckett