Re: Motorcycle Streamliner

To: List Land Speed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Motorcycle Streamliner
From: Henry Deaton <hdeaton@verio.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 19:37:58 -0700
Two other resources you might want to check out include:

The Motorcycle Chassis Discussion List, subscription info available at
www.eurospares.com. People building all kinds of interesting motorcycle
projects, including feet-first bikes and bikes with what they call FFE's
(funny front ends).

Tony Foales website: http://www.tonyfoale.com/ Lots of info on chassis design.

There is also a discussion list for feet-first bikes which might be a good
resource for center-hub steering info, but I don't have the URL for it handy.

An interesting footnote regarding center-hub steering. I stopped at the
National Automobile Museum in Reno, NV on my out to Speed Week to check out
the 1974 electric vehicle land speed record holder (the Battery Box, 175
mph), but couldn't resist looking at all the great looking really old cars.
One was a 1903 Duryea three wheeler (one wheel in the front) which had, of
all things, center hub steering.

Henry Deaton
SF, CA