Re: Tires

To: Nafzger <nafzger@vtc.net>, "Bryan A. Savage Jr"
Subject: Re: Tires
From: wspotter <wester6935@home.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 20:02:43 -0700
Bryan, list,

Fifty years ago the Firestone tire people on the salt had one of the old
machines they rolled up against the tire and spun it with the balancing
mechanism fastened to the rim.  The tire shop guys used to look at their
reflection in the bumper of the car ... when it was still, the tire was
balanced.  Now they don't dare admit they are on the salt because of
liability problems.

Wes