and nor something completely the same...

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: and nor something completely the same...
From: Tommy Shaw <tommy@pcpartner.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 04:39:40 -0500
I just HAD to forward this technical discussion.

No connection to the motorcycle and tire discussions...
:)
Tommy

Subject: Fw: Intense Winds

INTENSE WINDS

Two men were drinking in a bar at the top of the
Empire State Building.

One turns to the other and says, "You know, last week I
discovered that if you ump from the top of this building, by the time you
fall to the 10th  floor,  the winds around the building are so intense that
they carry you around  the building and back into the window."

The bartender overhears this discussion and just shakes his head
in disapproval while wiping down the bar.

The second man says, "What, are you a nut? There is no
way in hell that
could happen!"

The first man says, "No, it's true. Let me prove it."
And from the bar,
he
jumps over the balcony, and careens toward the street
below. When he
passes
the 10th floor, the high wind whips him around the
building and back
into
the 10th floor window, where he takes the elevator
back up to the bar.

The second man says, "You know, I saw that with my own
eyes, but that
must
have been a one-time fluke."

The first man says, "No, it isn't. I'll prove it
again!" And again he
jumps
and hurtles toward the street where the
10th floor wind gently carries him around the building
and into the
window.
Once upstairs he urges his fellow drinker to try it.

The second man says, "Well, what the hell, it works, looks really fun, I'll
try it." He
jumps over the balcony, plunges downward, and passes the...

4th........3rd........2nd........1st....... And hits
the sidewalk with  a splat.

Back upstairs, the bartender turns to the other
drinker and
says,

"You know, Superman, you're a real asshole when you're drunk."