East Texas Camaro

To: kturk@ala.net, Ken Bond <kmb2@humboldt.edu>, Dick J
Subject: East Texas Camaro
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 10:16:25 -0700 (PDT)
The ol' East Texas Camaro is about to come alive
again.  After ordering, back-ordering, order
canceling, and re-ordering, my cam drive gears
finally came by UPS yesterday.  I'm tied up this
weekend, but next weekend, I will have them in
and re-start the Camaro for the first time in
about four or five months.  All I have left to do
is to take it to the front end shop to get it
aligned, then leave it on the trailer to take it
to Maxton for September 29th.  It's been almost a
year since I ran it, and this will be the first
run with higher rear end gears, reworked heads,
Victor Junior Intake and new valve-train setup.

My old slide rule says it will do 172 and change
if it turns the same RPM it did last time.  Of
course, it ain't got enough horses to do that,
but I will dance around the car if it breaks 150
- - - that's as fast as my license and safety
equipment will let me go anyhoooo.

Dick J
In East Texas