Joe Amo/Terry Hunt/Brain King

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Joe Amo/Terry Hunt/Brain King
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 12:41:22 -0500
Been kicking back licking my wounds round here... not really bummed out or
anything.... just enjoying the after effects of doing minimal damage to all
the equipment....   My Supervisor / Neighbor walks up and asked when I
first got back how it went.... Harry is an older guy who is a Veteran of
the Pacific in W.W.II.... anywho....  He asked if I had fun.... and for the
first couple of times we had this conversation I said.... " Not Really"

Today Miss Kathy and I were out at lunch and I had the opportunity to put
it all in Perspective..... Yes... ya know I really did have fun.... I got
to watch my buddies get in the Two Club.... and if I didn't get there life
will go on.... but I got to congratulate these three wonderful folks who
really did bust their ass working on a goal that was really outta their
reach....

Thinking more about it I thought I might share what they did.... but you
folks know the speeds and results of Joe's trials.... Terry only had to
come from Guam to make his Studebaker go faster then 4 GM engineers in a
late model Camaro.... and Brain just had to hang on to a Flat head with
some silly Ardun conversion for a couple of miles....

Pretty awesome stuff..... it makes the Bonneville Two club just that much
more desirable for me by their Presence...

Congratulations again guys... Thanks for the Memories... Ya made my
Speedweek

Keith