Re: wandering track/chutes

To: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>, <ARDUNDOUG@aol.com>
Subject: Re: wandering track/chutes
From: "Rick Byrnes" <Rick@rbmotorsports.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 12:42:36 -0400
Dave is correct in his thoughts about new cars.  I have been thinking about
just that lately since I am doing a new deal.  In addition to a lot of
scrutiny in Tech, we do need to work up in speeds.  This is usually the case
due to "new car blues", but just in case all goes well, we will have a
specific test plan that includes specific events such as parachute
deployment, handling at various speeds and lots of practice in emergency
bail outs.  Gotta get my fat little body out of that skinny little car in 20
seconds or less.
I think that Dave has not seen a formal process that requires these things,
and perhaps with so many new cars coming out, there should be a procedure.
I know it would lead to more work load on SCTA and the already overloaded
volunteers, but overall discipline needs to sometimes be shown publically.
In fact it could be as simple as the driver license passes with much
attention paid by the course workers.