Re: Speedweek Suggestions

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Speedweek Suggestions
From: Drylakercr@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 21:44:22 EDT
Mike--All I can say is that I am really sorry that I missed the long lines at
Speedweek. It was much worse having to stay home to recuperate from dog
bites. I missed seeing Pam in the impound again! Congrats! Also I do want to
thank you for all the time that you put into our sport; I truly appreciate
it! Plus, you are a big part of making the Sidewinders such a fabulous club
to belong to.

I think that all works very well within the association due to the great
adoration for the sport and support the many volunteers provide it. They are
who help to keep it up and running for all of us members.

The only suggestion I could think of is that at El Mirage the cars run in
chronological order more stringently, so that if you are number 23 in points
you actually run 23rd. The exception to running in that order would be if
point holding entries in front of you are not in attendance or you choose to
run later. Then all rookies could be entered behind the point holders.
However, I understand that this is probably much bigger of a suggestion to
put into action than I can imagine from my side of "suggestion box."

Thanks for being so open to suggestions and thanks for taking on the big job
of being one of "the good 'ole boys"--president of the association is not a
job many of us would take on or do so well!

Take care and see you at the September meet.

 : - ) Katie Young Cortez #256 (XXO/VGC Bonneville record holder until my dad
took it away this year, but I still have the records at El Mirage and Muroc)