Re: A good laugh for all! But, whats the trick?

To: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: A good laugh for all! But, whats the trick?
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 07:23:14 -0700
Dick,
I assume that you are using a stock stamped steel cover. When I ran
those, I cut the ears at the corners behind the seal so that the cover
could slip in easily. With the neoprene seal glued to the cover, loosen
the front bolts in the pan, put the cover in place with the seal resting
on the front of the pan and then take a couple of punches, slide them
through the cover into the bolt holes and pry down. It falls in place
easily. Done it many times. Don't for get to retighten the pan bolts.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/GCC