Musing out loud...and remembering

To: DrMayf <drmayf@teknett.com>, Bill Bennett <benettw@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Musing out loud...and remembering
From: wspotter <wester6935@home.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 07:00:42 -0700
Another report said September 11 is the anniversary of the signing of the
Camp David Accord between Israel and Egypt.  A day of shame to many
activists in the Islamic World.  I believe the Islamic calendar uses a
different base date numbering system for the faithful.

It has been mentioned that the airlines involved might have significance too
... United and American.

One friend who flies a lot on business did suggest that anyone who had flown
American Airlines might have a valid reason to be upset with that carrier.

The symbolism suggests that whomever is the mastermind has way too much time
on his hands and probably needs to be given much less time to think period.
He has no idea of what his actions have done towards steeling the resolve of
the citizens of the United States of America.

My prayers on this Day of Remembrance, this Day of National Mourning are
with the survivors.  Those who escaped from the scenes of horror with their
lives.  Their bodies intact but their souls horribly scarred.  Also with the
families of those who are missing and presumed dead.  Whether it is the
thought of the terror of their last minutes in an airplane being flown by
terrorists or the televised images of tons of building collapsing onto them,
these are terrifying images to have as you think of a lost loved one.

I hope the unity of this day will help to calm their fears and ours.  That
it might allow us all to think of those who were lost, their bodies alive
and vibrant, and comfort us with the sure knowledge that their spirits are
just as alive and vibrant today and we will see and know them again.

Wes