Re: carb adjuistments

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: carb adjuistments
From: "Paul Bland" <paul.blandavon@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 19:13:21 +0100
Scott, personally I'd leave the primaries alone and tune the accellerator
pump (s) the general rule is the plastic cams determine how much and the
shooters determine how long for, so for a heavy car you may need to use
smaller shooters to make the pump shot last longer, and possibly go up on
the cam(s) for more volume. The 440 I race is in a light car (1500 lbs) so I
use big shooters to shorten the pump shot as the car gets up on the mains so
quick, obviously a heavier car usually takes a little longer, hence the need
for a longer "shot". Hope this makes sense (Barry Grant I ain't!!!) Paul.