Re: Another odd question...

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Another odd question...
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 22:42:17 EDT
In a message dated 9/25/2001 6:13:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time, ARDUN DOUG
writes:

> No. V4 is not the same as X and XX. V4 motors must still be in Vintage
> bodies (pre 1949 American) or specialty (lakester or streamliner) Of course
> if someone wanted to run a B model in a 2002 Vet, no one will stop him.

Rich Fox,
       I just came across what you were talking about. Page 14 (last
paragraph) of the rule book states that V-4 engines can only run in Special
Construction, Vintage, and Modified Classes. Both of us were right. Those 3
categories basically cover all but the Modified Sports, Production, Grand
Touring, and Truck classes. The V-4 is not restricted any more than any other
engine in Special Construction, Vintage, or Modified in that you could put a
Model "A" in any car in which you could run any of the other engines.........

       Ardun Doug King