Choosing a ride... Advice

To: Jim Rose <jimrose@lightstream.net>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Choosing a ride... Advice
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 08:58:37 -0700 (PDT)
Jim,
You're on the right track.  Why not a GMC in a
Ford.  We've got Plymouths in Vegas, Chevies in
Cudas, etc. etc. etc.   Hey, this all about
building Your Way.
One word of advice though... Build beyond your
current goal..I mean, like if you decide to build
the '41 with a mild flathead and figure on 115
MPH, don't build the car to that speed.  You
never know, you might win that Hot Rod Magazine
drawing for the Big Block Chev (you can't win the
hemi - I'm winning that one!)  tsk tsk tsk.  If
you build the car for 115MPH, then you decide to
drop in a faster motor (which is a common symptom
of salt fever) Then you gotta go in and upgrade
your cage, change your axles, add a better fire
extinguisher system, etc, etc, etc.  Just build
the car to the record for that body, then you are
safe for future growth.  It won't cost that more
$$$ up front, and it will save a lot of grief
down the road.

Dick J
In East Texas