Re: Classic category

To: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Classic category
From: Rick Hammond <r.hammond@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 11:55:25 -0400
Dick J wrote:

> > Rick,  Here is a copy of the category rules.  I
> did not include all of the converted records,
> just the part that pertains to the cars.
>
> CLASSIC CATEGORY
>
> This category encompasses American coupes and
> sedans
> produced between 1949 and
> 1981 at a rate of at least 500 per year. The
> classes in
> this category are
> intended to provide a venue for coupes and sedans
> from the
> "Golden Era" of
> American automobile production. Vehicles will
> include
> post-vintage cars such
> as the 1950 Ford and Mercury through the popular
> Muscle Car
> years of Camaros,
> Mustangs and Chargers. Entries must be unaltered
> in height,
> width, and
> contour, with all stock panels mounted in their
> original
> relationship to each
> other, and must have been originally produced
> with suitable
> seating for four
> adults.
> Engine classes allowed: A, B, C, D, E - Body
> classes:
> /CBFALT, /CFALT,
> /CBGALT, /CGALT, /CBGC, /CGC
>
> Engine classes allowed: AA, A, B, C, D, E - Body
> class:
> /CProd
>
> Engine classes allowed: C, D, E - Body class
> allowed: /CPS
>
> It is intended that the 1949-1981 vehicles for
> which these
> classes have been
> created will compete in the Classic category. The
> only
> exception is for
> vehicles with a non-O.E.M electronic fuel
> injection system,
> EFI. Vehicles
> within the year range of 1949-1981 using
> non-O.E.M
> electronic fuel injection
> system, EFI may compete in the current Modified
> category
> with all other
> modifications allowed for the class.
>
> To prevent a vehicle from competing in both the
> Classic and
> Modified
> categories, the following policy is established:
>
> Once a vehicle in the year range of 1949-1981 has
> competed
> in a SCTA/BNI
> event, said vehicle must forever remain in the
> category in
> which it is first
> raced.

Thanks Dick,
So I guess the first question is; could a '48 that is not eligible for
Vintage
(D/VGALT) because of having an OHV V8 run in Classic? (D/CGALT)

The second question is re the 'forever' rule.  I figured I might run
first with
the V8 for some experience then build up an X* engine and go back to the
Vintage.  Forever?  Is that the same car as defined by a VIN?  Same
body?
frame?...

I realize the idea but wouldn't the same be accomplished with a rule;
season by
season?  (ie start the year in one class, stay in that class through the
rest of
that year.)
Cheers,
Rick