Re: WOS Time Slip Data Massage...

To: Gary & Ellen <garyellen@uswest.net>, DrMayf <drmayf@teknett.com>,
Subject: Re: WOS Time Slip Data Massage...
From: wspotter <wester6935@home.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2001 18:01:20 -0700
mayf,

Remember too that cars that don't go over 175 in the 1/4 mile trap at the
start of the three timed miles are not supposed to go the full three miles
of timed traps.  The thinking being that they are usually peaked at that
speed and won't improve their times over the next two miles.  The exception
is streamliners.  Helps to clear the course for faster cars waiting at the
start.

Might want to go back and study only the vehicles that take all three miles
of timed traps for additional data.  Cars like Nolan White #131 Autopower
Special for instance.  From the times you'll see they are really going and
then blow one of the two engines and continue to pick up speed but not at
the same velocity as over the 1/4 and first mile.  Messes up averages big
time.

Wes