Re: GPS capabilities

To: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Subject: Re: GPS capabilities
From: "Ed Van Scoy" <edvs@uswest.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 20:44:00 -0700
I have an older Eagle that I use for 4-wheeling; It has gotten me out of more
than one jam. In fact, I have the End-Of-The-Road stored in it & had to use it
find my way back from floating mountain one nite about 10:00 pm (the Burkland
incident) It gets REAL dark out there in the rain that later turned to snow.....
Mine also measures mph but doesn't "save" the max speed. I thought about putting
it in my car, but the screen is too small. I found a Marine "speedometer" a few
years ago with a 2 1/2" face. (round, mounts in dash) If somebody was serious
about the GPS thing, that unit is probably still hiding on some web-site sot
there somewhere.  Thanks for the info.........
Ed