Variety of classes

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Variety of classes
From: Daniel Wright <daniel.wright@genetics.utah.edu>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 09:58:04 -0600
Hi
My 2 cents:
I think that the amazing variety of classes is a big part of what makes
Land Speed racing so special.  An example of  classes that haven't been run
lately are the 50 cc, 100 cc,125 cc, 350 cc, and 500 cc S-BF motorcycle
classes.  All those records have stood since '56.  They may well stand for
50 years.  I would love to be present at any attempt to break any one of
them.  I have never even seen a 50 cc Blown Fuel Motor run.  Have
you?  Would you like to?  Those classes are precious.  I can't imagine
eliminating them or any others simply to save a single line in the records
book.
My opinion is that it works as it is, so don't fix it.

Daniel Wright
University of Utah
20 S 2030 E
BPRB Rm 332