Bonneville motel

To: wspotter <wester6935@home.com>, Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>,
Subject: Bonneville motel
From: Glenn Ridlen <gridlen@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 08:50:27 -0700 (PDT)
> At a planning meeting for a high school reunion last
> Saturday, one of the
> old classmates asked if I ever stayed at the
> Bonneville Motel in Wendover.
> I laughed and asked if they ever got rid of the
> druggie who was running it
> into the ground.  She said "You know!"  Turns out
> her husband is either the
> new owner or owner by default.  They are in the
> middle of a major revamping
> of the place.  She wanted to know how to get more
> racers to stay there and I
> told her to just be fair with them and keep the
> place clean.
>
> We'll see what happens but it is a thought for the
> future.  On the Utah side
> of the line.  More difficult to prowl cars/trailers
> without being seen.
>
> Beautiful sunset here last night, lots of high thin
> wispy clouds and a major
> sundog about 10 degrees off the sun.  That's farther
> away than the usual
> distance for one of those.  Usually get some kind of
> weather after we see
> one of those.
>
> Wes
>
> We stayed there a couple of nights during Speed Week
until we could get a real room. The new owner and his
wife said he had loaned money to the druggies father
who ran into a mountin with his airplane. They said
the druggie had stripped the place of TVs, etc. They
were hauling in TVs and new matteresses by the pick up
load when we were there. When we saw the pile if old
ones, we convinced ourselves that we were sleeping on
new ones but didn't have the nerve to look. LOL If
they continue to upgrade it might be OK next year. It
has some space in the back to park a trailer but it is
hidden from the street so might be attractive for
theives.
http://personals.yahoo.com