RE: Bonneville motel

To: <DaCudaKid@aol.com>, <wester6935@home.com>, <gridlen@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: Bonneville motel
From: "Jon Wennerberg" <jonw@up.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 08:04:59 -0400
I don't think so, at least from our little bit of experience.  Nancy and I
stayed at the KoA in a rented RV during Speedweek '01 and for six nights at
the State Line Inn, Utah side, during Wos '01.  We had no problems.

Really -- at the KoA the water and electric and dump stations all worked,
the pool was fine and not loaded with kids or drunks, even during the Bean
Grinders (dammit, what's their name?) dinner on Tuesday night.  Prices were
decent (hey, you'll pay quite a bit to be able to plug the air conditioner
in and leave it running all night.  Try it at the bend in the road -- the
non-generator folks will offer comments, I betcha!) and there were never any
questions asked when I'd spend half-an-hour hosing the salt out from under
the RV.  Other racers stopped by to chat -- it was fine.

At the State Line we ran into interesting situations with reservations - but
no other hassles.  The reservations story worked out dandy -- contact me
off-list and I'll tell you how much we ended up paying and how satisfied we
were.  No problems there, but a few hints if you'd like.

Then there was the evening that Nancy and I walked with Terry and the rest
of the bunch from the Moreau/McBride car -- they were staying at the State
Line, too -- to dinner at a buffet.  A while after we sat down another one
of the folks from that team finally showed up, and he first of all came over
to us to ask why we had left our car doors and windows open (we were packing
up the car for departure tomorrow morning and were sorta spaced, but that,
too, is another story...).  Anyway, he assured us that the doors were
closed, the camera and CB and other stuff sorta hidden, and all was cool.

We got back after supper and found he was right.

One racer family's experience during this most recent season.

Jon    #436  1350 M/PS/G
  Marquette, Michigan
 (that's way up north)

PS Would these stories happen at a Winston/NHRA/IndyCar/World Superbike/damn
near any motorsport venue?  See why I've turned into one of those LSR folks?