Re: Marvel Mystery Oiler

To: "Smith, Simon-Pierre" <simon-pierre.smith@boeing.com>,
Subject: Re: Marvel Mystery Oiler
From: "Richard J. Hockert, Esq." <rjh.co@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 16:36:29 -0500
Simon:

I used to own a 190SL that was supercharged with a Judson supercharger.  It
had the oiler to which you have made reference.  The oiler is merely a
canister with a brass transfer tube installed at the bottom.  There is
petcock type valve to adjust the gravity flow of the oil.  The other end of
the brass transfer tube is installed into the tail piece of the
supercharger so that the oil drips onto the Bakelite (?) vanes.

There is a picture of a supercharger at:
http://web.starlinx.com/dhedin/interest1.htm.  The canister can be seen on
top of the unit.  In my case, the canister was remotely mounted.

Best of luck to you.
Jim Hockert