Re: Ford Flathead Puzzler- Aero Style

To: <Want1937hd@aol.com>, <basavage@earthlink.net>, <ardunbill@webtv.net>,
Subject: Re: Ford Flathead Puzzler- Aero Style
From: wspotter <wester6935@home.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 07:03:48 -0700
But when did Henry first decide on building a flathead?  The original wood
patterns are in the Speedway Museum in Lincoln, NE ... I'll bet Speedy Bill
knows the answer to that question.  One of the MacKichan twins could find
out for us.  She has been cataloguing the collection.

The Tri-Motor went into commercial use in 1928 according to the site I
looked at.  (There are ten pages listed for Tri-Motor or Tin Goose
information)  When Rick Byrnes showed me through the Henry Ford Museum we
were remarking on the two sizes of Curtiss-Wright radial engines on the
plane displayed there.  Same company that made the V-12, C-W Conqueror
engine used by Ab Jenkins in the "Mormon Meteor III" to set endurance
records on the salt flats.  Couldn't beat the Brits with the Duesenberg
engine so he joined them and used an aircraft engine.

Wes